Singing Lessons

What is a singing lesson like?

I believe it is important for students to feel at ease during lessons. I try to create a friendly, patient atmosphere where my students feel free to experiment with the techniques I am teaching without the fear of messing up.

Singing lessons usually begin with a warm-up period. During this time we will study vocalises designed to help you learn specific vocal techniques, such as proper inhalation, balanced support and forward placement.

After the warm-up period you will have a chance to sing the songs you are preparing for our recital, for auditions or for other performances. If you don't already have songs you are working on, I will help you find music that you enjoy singing and that is appropriate for vocal study.

You will have chance to sing your songs all the way through to show me what you have accomplished on them the last week, and then we take certain sections of the songs and work on applying the vocal techniques learned in the the warm ups.

Marysville Voice Teacher Home